This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Mips}Using DT tags for handling local ifuncs
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: Jack Carter <Jack dot Carter at imgtec dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Doug Gilmore <Doug dot Gilmore at imgtec dot com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 23:41:46 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Mips}Using DT tags for handling local ifuncs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <4CEFBC1BE64A8048869F799EF2D2EEEE4C6DDC0F at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <87r49p9dit dot fsf at talisman dot default>
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> > This is not to say that it cannot be done, but is it worth the bang
> > for the buck? How many debuggers, simulators, object dumpers am I
> > going to mess up making a change that few will benefit from?
> Debuggers shouldn't care. At least I don't think GDB does.
GDB has explicit ifunc support for making manual calls to such functions,
see stuff around elf_gnu_ifunc_fns in gdb/elfread.c; I'm not sure offhand
whether it needs to know details discussed here though, I suggest