Re: .debug_frame section - incorrect relocations?

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 11:38 PM, Alexey Neyman <stilor@att.net> wrote:

> So, the question is, is it possible to express the behavior described by DWARF
> spec ("insert an address that is offset of the specified symbol from the start
> of the specified output section") in x86-64 and i386 relocations? If it is,
> shouldn't gas generate such relocations?

There is no straightforward way to express that in an object file.

> If not - are there any solutions to have .debug_frame at non-zero address, yet
> with DWARF-conformat CIE links?

I'm not aware of any.  DWARF sections are normally at address zero.

If you are really only concerned about the .debug_frame section, you
should be looking instead at the .eh_frame section, which is loaded
into memory, and uses a slightly different format.  I don't know if it
will provide everything you need, though.

If you do need full debug info, then you'll have to tweak your DWARF
reader to adjust by the base of the debug sections as appropriate.

Ian