This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 3/5] New target port: Andes 'nds32'. (gas)
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Kuan-Lin Chen <kuanlinchentw at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:10:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] New target port: Andes 'nds32'. (gas)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJr6u0iaVp29=e7gG0zxA6oOo+4b33gGA+1eieXMddV6ThXM8w at mail dot gmail dot com>
There are a few problems with this patch:
1. There is no addition to the assembler documentation.
I would like to see a gas/doc/c-nds32.texi file which includes
documentation for the NDS32 specific command line options, pseudo-ops
and synthetic instructions.
2. There is no testsuite.
There ought to be a gas/testsuite/gas/nds32 directory containing
at least one test, (but preferably a lot more), that checks the assembly
of NDS32 instructions.
3. There is no NEWS announcement.
The file gas/NEWS should be patched to include a sentance
announcing the additon of support for the NDS32.
4. The use of the PTR macro is deprecated.
Please replace all uses of the PTR macro with "void *".