This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch] Fix gas crash (when compiled with clang)
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 17:35:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix gas crash (when compiled with clang)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8B3FF3BC-DF21-4B09-AAE0-52A253540772 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOogn91AbKt49WhP-HyxjV1fRYS9JAATaf35R=-bacU7yg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03 Dec 2013, at 17:22, H.J. Lu <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> when compiled with clang (llvm 3.3), gas crashes on the intelbad test.
>> I suppose this is due to use of overflow on pointer arithmetic.
>> Fixed by the following patch, no gas regression for x86_64-pc-mingw32.
>> Ok for trunk ?
>> 2013-12-03 Tristan Gingold <email@example.com>
>> * config/tc-i386-intel.c (i386_intel_simplify): Avoid arithmetic
>> overflow on pointers.
> OK. Thanks.