This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [gold, strip] Question about the changed offset when stripping
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Alexander Ivchenko <aivchenk at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 00:17:22 +1030
- Subject: Re: [gold, strip] Question about the changed offset when stripping
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CACysShjNGcO=Y5ZU=QDLWetw31FRZUu7ZYbvo2DyJWZ+eOZZ2Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 03:49:18PM +0400, Alexander Ivchenko wrote:
> As you can see the offset of .bss is changed now (it is equal now to
> the offset of got.plt+size of gol.plt).
> Is it criminal? I don't see anything wrong with gold inserting a
> padding between .got.plt and .bss, why strip do not honor it?
strip should not be doing this. Please post the pre-stripped binary,
so someone can take a look, or better, open a bug report.
Australia Development Lab, IBM