This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Make PE images deterministic by default.
- From: Cory Fields <cory at coryfields dot com>
- To: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:19:38 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make PE images deterministic by default.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384978791-13189-1-git-send-email-cory at coryfields dot com> <528DD7FE dot 3030600 at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: cory at coryfields dot com
Done, see Patch V2.
I'm not quite sure what the standard procedure is, but Tristan has
approved this series to be backported to 2.24.
As well as committing this change and my other outstanding approved
one (Make windres output deterministic by using constant (zero)
timestamps), would you mind pushing to the 2.24 branch as well? Or
should I ask Tristan for that?
Backports requested are:
[Make windres output deterministic by using constant (zero) timestamps]
[Make PE images deterministic by default.]
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM, nick clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hi Cory,
>> 2013-11-20 Cory Fields <email@example.com>
>> * bfd/libcoff-in.h: Add insert_timestamp flag to the pe_data struct.
>> * bfd/libcoff.h: Update after change to bfd/libcoff-in.h.
>> * bfd/peXXigen.c (_bfd_XXi_only_swap_filehdr_out): Only use a real
>> timestamp if --insert-timestamp was used.
>> * ld/pe-dll.c (fill_edata): Likewise.
>> * ld/emultempl/pe.em: Add the --insert-timestamp option.
>> * ld/emultempl/pep.em: Likewise for 64bit.
>> * ld/ld.texinfo: Document the --insert-timestamp option.
> Approved, but with one small caveat:
>> + // Only use a real timestamp if the option was chosen
> Could we have a C-style comment here please ?