This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Update pstate register table to have flags
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "nickc at redhat dot com" <nickc at redhat dot com>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:18:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Update pstate register table to have flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528C7EBD dot 30006 at arm dot com> <528C9929 dot 1030300 at arm dot com>
On Nov 20, 2013, at 12:12 PM, Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 20/11/13 09:19, Yufeng Zhang wrote:
>> This patch addresses the issue where error messages for deprecated
>> system register names were issued when parsing a PSTATE value. Nick
>> patched the assembler by tweaking the parsing function here:
>> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2013-11/msg00216.html. This stops the
>> assembler to complain but the underlying issue is that the pstate
>> register table needs an update to have the same element type as the
>> general system register table. This was overlooked when I prepared the
>> patch to deprecate the alias system registers spsr_svc and spsr_hyp a
>> couple of weeks ago:
>> OK to revert Nick's patch and commit this for the mainline and 2_24 branch?
>> * gas/aarch64/msr.s: Add tests.
>> * gas/aarch64/msr.d: Update.
>> * aarch64.h (aarch64_pstatefields): Change element type to
>> * aarch64-opc.c (aarch64_pstatefields): Update.
> Ok for mainline.
> Ok for 2_24 if Tristan is happy.
Ok with me.