This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.24 - Last call
- From: Cory Fields <cory at coryfields dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org Development" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 11:05:34 -0500
- Subject: Re: Release 2.24 - Last call
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2741C968-721F-46E9-A2BA-E4B0F64C444B at adacore dot com> <5278F8D7 dot 90006 at embedded-brains dot de> <E50EDC42-C322-4A87-BA8F-A8AAA18AE480 at adacore dot com> <20131115063535 dot GD22514 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <D4CD26A3-16DC-4F30-BEC2-7319BABCDAD7 at adacore dot com> <6708705A-CB55-4621-9FEA-A671F104009C at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOo_YSPXhxP4sZvCefOxzd+Yeia1dGEDaB8K7a6Zn9=cXw at mail dot gmail dot com> <D43E5250-867F-44E9-90FC-11209B0EA167 at adacore dot com> <CAMe9rOoXV=n6eL58MHrMrJFpO8WcT=1VDMmz+tMsUajSo75AzQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAApLimhkbtq+5a2b7WiCmsrKXwwivRSmsx0svVD4VMWKm1SGjg at mail dot gmail dot com> <2B579783-BCE2-4EC0-B1E9-5C8D602692FF at adacore dot com>
- Reply-to: cory at coryfields dot com
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 4:25 AM, Tristan Gingold <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 2013, at 8:33 PM, Cory Fields <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Am I too late to request backports for determinism fixes? These are
>> very significant for security-minded tools like Tor, Bitcoin, etc,
>> where users by nature distrust the binaries in the wild. Changes
>> Also, this approved patch that is not yet applied:
> Ok for them.
>> Beyond that, there's one last change needed for ld that I could have
>> ready for review today if there's a chance of getting the above two in
>> as well.
> I am a little bit worried about it. Will that be ready for this week ?
I should hope so. I'm awaiting a bit of input from Nick. I can have a
patch ready for review soon-after.