This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-cvs commit announcements
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:30:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: binutils-cvs commit announcements
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CABZhLO-t_6SH0ro-9rfDtQDS-de-+_KzvCUWjCzK+CYVMm_3tw at mail dot gmail dot com>
Fred> And yes, I understand that it's being done on a per-push basis, rather
Fred> than per commit as before, so either choose the first commit or last
Fred> in the case of more than one, and add "plus 6 more..." or send N
Fred> emails for N commits? This is how it was before, after all.
It's not totally trivial.
If you like I can send you the script and you can send a patch to
implement what you want. I'm fine with putting it in.
Fred> My 2c. It just seems a shame as before you could see what they were up
Fred> front and ignore the uninteresting ones. Now you either have to open
Fred> all of them and read everything, or ignore the lot. I was reading
Fred> certain commits before, but now I could only do it based on the
Fred> author, which isn't useful if the commits are in the form of a
Fred> supplied patch.
I find it much more convenient to just pull and then "git log" according
to the whim of the moment.