This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH AArch64] Add support for trace unit registers
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:10:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH AArch64] Add support for trace unit registers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52865623 dot 3080209 at arm dot com> <CAFqB+PzfsqJGszGoXHh2Sk5+h1KkyFTNLYZJuKtiiNu1ArAfEg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 16 November 2013 00:19, Marcus Shawcroft <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 15 November 2013 17:13, Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> wrote:
>> This patch adds support for the trace unit registers to the AArch64 gas and
>> There are 210 registers added; those registers are described in the section
>> 7.1 Register summary of "ARM Embedded Trace Macrocell Architecture
>> Specification ETMv4"
>> OK to for the mainline and 2_24 branch?
> OK /Marcus
Yufeng, I jumped the gun on this one, having thought about it further,
the trace unit is actually optional in the architecture. Therefore we
should treat them the same as the GICv3 registers. See may earlier
email on the GIVv3 registers. I think this patch should not go in and
we should instead take the patch from Zhenqiang to widen the canonical
system register name space to include S2_*.