This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add MIPS ufr macro instruction
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:12:07 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add MIPS ufr macro instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B982774C835E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <87vc01erxi dot fsf at talisman dot default>
Richard Sandiford <email@example.com> writes:
> Andrew Bennett <Andrew.Bennett@imgtec.com> writes:
>> This patch adds the ufr macro instruction. The instruction allows user
>> mode to change the value of the FR mode bit. I have added a macro into
>> the gas MIPS backend that translates the ufr instruction to the
>> appropriate ctc1 instruction. The patch is attached, and the ChangeLog
>> entry is below.
> The patch looks good, thanks. I personally don't mind adding macros
> like these, but let's see where the thread with David goes.
Seems like this might have hit a log-jam, so just in case, what I really
meant was: please answer David's question first.