This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Implement PMC errata for MIPS
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Moore\, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:05:19 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Implement PMC errata for MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F11242012EA9264B at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com> <874n7gdogt dot fsf at talisman dot default>
Richard Sandiford <email@example.com> writes:
> "Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore@mentor.com> writes:
>> This patch adds support for the -mfix-pmc option in binutils. Does this
>> look okay to install?
> Looks good, thanks, but please run the testsuite for both a mips*-elf and a
> mips*-linux-gnu target. mips*-linux-gnu aligns the text section to 16 bytes,
> and since the tests don't end on a 16-byte boudnary, they're likely to have
> more nops (or "..." instead of nops).
> One of the things you're testing is that we correctly add 3 nops after
> a final DMULTU, which is good, and definitely someting we should keep.
> That means we don't want to add .space to the end or use #pass, which
> are the usual ways of handling the alignment difference. I think the
> best thing would be to add:
> .section .text2, "ax", @progbits
> .align 2
> to the beginning of both tests so that we can pick our own alignment.
> There also needs to be some documentation in as.texinfo and c-mips.texi.
Sorry, forgot to say: AIUI this errata is specific to the RM7000.
Is that right? Or does it apply to the RM9000 too?
If it's just the RM7000 then I think the option should be -mfix-rm7000
rather than -mfix-pmc. We've generally named the -mfix options after
-march options where possible.