This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add MIPS ufr macro instruction
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 11:27:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add MIPS ufr macro instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B982774C835E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
Andrew Bennett <Andrew.Bennett@imgtec.com> writes:
> This patch adds the ufr macro instruction. The instruction allows user
> mode to change the value of the FR mode bit. I have added a macro into
> the gas MIPS backend that translates the ufr instruction to the
> appropriate ctc1 instruction. The patch is attached, and the ChangeLog
> entry is below.
The patch looks good, thanks. I personally don't mind adding macros
like these, but let's see where the thread with David goes.
> This is my first patch to binutils, so I am unsure the protocol on
> committing. Would someone be able to clarify?
If you're going to be submitting other patches then please feel free
to apply for access: https://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/pdw/ps_form.cgi
Otherwise Steve or I could commit it.