This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Add MIPS ufr macro instruction
- From: David Daney <ddaney dot cavm at gmail dot com>
- To: Andrew Bennett <Andrew dot Bennett at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, "rdsandiford at googlemail dot com" <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 09:26:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add MIPS ufr macro instruction
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0DA23CC379F5F945ACB41CF394B982774C835E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On 11/08/2013 06:03 AM, Andrew Bennett wrote:
This patch adds the ufr macro instruction. The instruction allows user mode to change the value of the FR mode bit. I have added a macro into the gas MIPS backend that translates the ufr instruction to the appropriate ctc1 instruction. The patch is attached, and the ChangeLog entry is below.
Can you explain why we need another magic code generation macro?
Why can't you just emit the real instructions to the .s file instead?
This is my first patch to binutils, so I am unsure the protocol on committing. Would someone be able to clarify?
2013-11-08 Andrew Bennett <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* tc-mips.c (macro): Added support for ufr.
* mips.exp: Added ufr test.
* ufr.d: New.
* ufr.s: New.
* mips.h: Added M_UFR_I to the list of macros and updated the arg
field character information for MIPS and microMIPS.
* micromips-opc.c (decode_micromips_operand): Added support for the ?
(micromips_opcodes): Added the ufr macro instruction.
* opcodes/mips-opc.c (decode_mips_operand): Added support for the ?
(mips_builtin_opcodes): Added the ufr macro instruction.
Software Design Engineer, MIPS Processor IP
Imagination Technologies Limited
t: +44 (0)113 2429814