This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Change not to accept AL or NV condition in CINC, CSET, CINV, CSETM and CNEG
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng dot Zhang at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:18:14 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Change not to accept AL or NV condition in CINC, CSET, CINV, CSETM and CNEG
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <527930C9 dot 1000502 at arm dot com>
On 5 November 2013 17:54, Yufeng Zhang <Yufeng.Zhang@arm.com> wrote:
> This patch updates the AArch64 gas and binutils as a response to a recent
> ISA update. The aliases CINC, CSET, CINV, CSETM, and CNEG require that the
> assembler and disassembler invert bit 0 of the standard "cond" encoding to
> achieve the expected behavior. However when the specified condition is AL
> (cond=='1110') this will not deliver the intended result, since the
> condition code named NV (cond=='1111') behaves identically to AL, i.e.
> always true.
> For these aliases gas now should no longer accept the AL or NV conditions,
> and the preferred disassembly for the CSINC, CSINV or CSNEG instructions
> when cond=='111x' shall be the instructions themselves.
> OK for the trunk and 2.24?