This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] implement correct alignment for Mach-O archive entries
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Nathan Froyd <froydnj at mozilla dot com>
- Cc: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 10:20:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] implement correct alignment for Mach-O archive entries
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383069256-19868-1-git-send-email-froydnj at mozilla dot com> <05C48A61-EACE-46B4-9E5B-A550DE9AAC83 at 3am-software dot com> <837117725 dot 6304241 dot 1383070520527 dot JavaMail dot zimbra at mozilla dot com>
On Oct 29, 2013, at 7:15 PM, Nathan Froyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----
>> On Oct 29, 2013, at 10:54 AM, Nathan Froyd <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> + if (bfd_get_flavour (abfd) == bfd_target_mach_o_flavour)
>>> + ptr += ptr % 4;
>>> + else
>> That does not pad to 4.
> Ah, it doesn't quite. We probably get lucky in that PTR is always even,
> where that formula does work.
This is OK for the darwin part, but you need a global maintainer OK for archive.c