This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 0/9] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI support.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <powerabi at power dot org>
- Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 17:33:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/9] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI support.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131030021905 dot GC20756 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1310301718370 dot 22878 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20131031074747 dot GO20756 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Thu, 31 Oct 2013, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 05:25:25PM +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Alan Modra wrote:
> > > This patch series makes the changes necessary in binutils to support
> > > the updated PowerPC64 ABI, which we're calling ELFv2. Two major
> > > changes from the previous ABI are
> > Is there an actual ABI document for this (or one with the old/new
> > variations tagged appropriately like in the 32-bit unified ABI)?
> There is, but it's not ready for general release yet, I think.
Thanks. FWIW, in the Power.org ABI TSC there was a suggestion we should
work on updating the 64-bit ABI (for things such as VSX) having got the
32-bit one done, but nothing ever came of it. (There was some work on
adding VSX to the 32-bit ABI - on the vsx branch of
git://github.com/ryanarn/powerabi - though this tailed off without us
getting a 1.1 release out.)
Joseph S. Myers