This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH 0/9] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI support.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <powerabi at power dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:25:25 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/9] PowerPC64 ELFv2 ABI support.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131030021905 dot GC20756 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Alan Modra wrote:
> This patch series makes the changes necessary in binutils to support
> the updated PowerPC64 ABI, which we're calling ELFv2. Two major
> changes from the previous ABI are
Is there an actual ABI document for this (or one with the old/new
variations tagged appropriately like in the 32-bit unified ABI)?
Are things changing that don't affect binutils (such as long double format
as suggested for little-endian in
<https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2013-10/msg00597.html> - or the
places where the function calling ABI is based on accidents of how GCC
assigned machine modes to structures, rather than being anything that was
particularly logically designed)?
Joseph S. Myers