This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] S390: Disassemble 31-bit binaries with "zarch" opcode set by default
- From: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 18:06:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] S390: Disassemble 31-bit binaries with "zarch" opcode set by default
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <874n7ykfru dot fsf at br87z6lw dot de dot ibm dot com>
On 30/10/13 15:13, Andreas Arnez wrote:
> Currently the disassembler for s390 (by default) assumes that a 31-bit
> binary was compiled in "ESA" mode -- and then only disassembles a
> limited opcode set. The change upgrades the default to the full "zarch"
> opcode set even for 31-bit binaries.
> * s390-dis.c (init_disasm): Default to full 'zarch' opcode
> availability even for 31-bit programs.