This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:07:19 +1030
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <20131029222332 dot GZ20756 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 08:53:32AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> I tried to push some testsuite changes today, and got
> remote: ld/testsuite/ld-powerpc/tlsexe.r:50: trailing whitespace.
> remote: + +03 +\.tdata \.dynamic \.opd \.got \.plt
> remote: ld/testsuite/ld-powerpc/tlsexe.r:90: trailing whitespace.
> remote: +.* SECTION +LOCAL +DEFAULT +13
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> I agree that it's good to reject trailing whitespace generally, but
> the testsuite is a little special. We're matching tool output. If,
> as in this example, readelf emits trailing whitespace then we
> shouldn't need to write a regex to match it. Can this be fixed
Come to think of it, maybe no trailing whitespace in the testsuite
isn't such a bad thing. If the testsuite matched all trailing spaces
with " *" then the bar to updating readelf and objdump -d to not emit
trailing spaces is that much lower.
Australia Development Lab, IBM