This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Strange behaviour of disassembler for mips TX39
- From: coderat at gmx dot de
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 02:51:46 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Strange behaviour of disassembler for mips TX39
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Sensitivity: Normal
I found that TX39 disassembler always disassembles "jalx" instruction, but TX39 processor doesn't have such according to specification from Toshiba. But objdump clearly produce following code:
bfc00da0: 77f00c7d jalx 0xbfc031f5
This seems to be wanted behaviour? In source code of binutils, I see a comment in opcodes/mips-dis.c in function print_insn_mips ():
/* We always allow to disassemble the jalx instruction. */
But what sense does it make if this instruction is not supported by r3900 mips variant ?