This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] HPPA/PR16082 : Remove version information on hidden symbols
- From: Guy Martin <gmsoft at tuxicoman dot be>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 12:03:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] HPPA/PR16082 : Remove version information on hidden symbols
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <ff75b5a5e4fabca3b300aacdd342239c at tuxicoman dot be> <526A7D09 dot 8050102 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:15:37 -0400
"Carlos O'Donell" <email@example.com> wrote:
> > We've run into a bug on Gentoo/hppa when linking libdb.so :
> > https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=466924
> > It turns out that the generated .gnu.version section is invalid
> > because the version information of _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ from
> > libdb.so isn't removed when making the symbol local in
> > elf32_hppa_hide_symbol().
> > The attached patch fixes this. The check-ld test suite doesn't
> > show any regression.
> Is there an existing test in the testsuite that checks for this?
I don't think so. It seems hppa is the only arch doing specific stuff
with the _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_.
> Can you try using the new bintuils to build gcc and glibc?
I've rebuilt binutils itself, glibc-2.17 and gcc-4.6.3 as well as
gcc-4.8.1. There was no issue at all.