This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 12:12:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <1382709091 dot 5918 dot 9 dot camel at otta> <CABZhLO-mvOVRTEwKCEtvyADcnzMJm9AZ2bbDeCbugfqKrzPebQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <1382719231 dot 5918 dot 24 dot camel at otta> <CABZhLO8RMx2WUV9uxnq6prCfVXCmmCNXq6ecyN=yxPnwMTsXvA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, 2013-10-25 at 18:49 +0200, Fred Cooke wrote:
> That's a real shame. A possible and wasteful (resource wise) solution
> might be to have a second url/repo binutlils-gdb-contrib or whatever.
> If done locally on the same server, it could share hard links and not
> take up much space, but I can see the majority hating this idea, and
> that's fair enough.
Well if there was an official project repo for branches separate
from the development repo, I could use that. I'm just not free
to use something outside of the project itself.