This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 11:48:04 -0500
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <1382709091 dot 5918 dot 9 dot camel at otta> <871u395oil dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Fri, 2013-10-25 at 10:00 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> My understanding is that gdb followed "gcc rules" here: any maintainer
> could make a branch provided the branch guidelines were followed.
> I think the reason nobody really made branches is just because CVS made
> it hard.
Right, that was my understanding as well, I just wanted to be sure
there wasn't another reason due to some policy decision I was unaware
of. It seems not, and since you and Ian both seem to say it should be
ok and I'm guessing Alan won't object, I will assume this is ok.