This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Tulio Magno Quites Machado Filho <tuliom at linux dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:00:34 -0600
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <1382709091 dot 5918 dot 9 dot camel at otta>
Peter> From a policy standpoint, are we going to allow vendor branches
Peter> in the git repo like glibc does? I'm hoping the answer is yes. :)
Peter> We didn't allow it before due to it seems CVS issues, but with git,
Peter> it should now be easy.
My understanding is that gdb followed "gcc rules" here: any maintainer
could make a branch provided the branch guidelines were followed.
I think the reason nobody really made branches is just because CVS made
I'm hosting my personal branches on gitorious, though.
That way I can opt out of the policies that I find onerous.