This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: John Darrington <john at darrington dot wattle dot id dot au>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:36:07 +0400
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <20131023072117 dot GA14594 at jocasta dot intra> <87r4bcdt9o dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <20131024051203 dot GA4349 at intra>
> I contacted the GNU webmasters about this. They
> said "We update these pages on request from the developers".
> Could you then please make such a request to them?
> It might also be a good idea to suggest a better system than this.
> Most GNU projects update their own pages rather than request the
> webmasters every time they need something changed. I'm sure if
> you asked them they would give you access.
I agree that it's not ideal to ask the GNU webmaster team to update
the page. It would seam a little incredible to me that nobody from
the binutils team would have enough credentials to make the update.
Is that true?