This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:18:57 -0600
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <201310220804 dot r9M84MUX011879 at glazunov dot sibelius dot xs4all dot nl>
>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Kettenis <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Mark> Can the CVS repository remain online for the foreseeable future? I
Mark> have various cvs trees with uncommitted patches sitting around and
Mark> being able to use cvs diff in those trees would help me in carrying
Mark> them over into git.
As far as I'm concerned, it can remain alive forever.
We do have very many cvsweb URLs sitting there in bugzilla.
In any case we certainly cannot decommission CVS until all the other
projects have either migrated off or been declared dead.