This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, rsandifo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:52:36 +0200
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <874n89eidz dot fsf at sandifor-thinkpad dot stglab dot manchester dot uk dot ibm dot com>
Tom, although the commits that remove/readd all files are ugly, git is
smart enough to reuse the blobs, so they don't really do any harm. IE,
don't feel too bad about it :-) And thanks! A lot. I'll actually feel
motivated (as opposed to disgusted) to get some contributions in now!
Just need to find the time. I have to. And soon.
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Richard Sandiford
> Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> Hi everybody. Git is now live and the master repository for binutils
>> and gdb.
> Many many thanks for doing this.