This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git is live
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: tromey at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 10:04:22 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: git is live
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <877gd5iyaz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
> From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 01:01:40 -0600
> Hi everybody. Git is now live and the master repository for binutils
> and gdb.
Guess my neighbours will have to deal with significantly more cursing
from now on ;).
> Maybe I made some enormous mistake! While I'd prefer to be finished
> with this project, if there is a mistake, please be reassured that we
> have not taken any truly irreversible action. CVS commits are disabled,
> but all the data is still there.
Been travelling and still have a significant mail backlog. So
apologies if the following question has already been answered.
Can the CVS repository remain online for the foreseeable future? I
have various cvs trees with uncommitted patches sitting around and
being able to use cvs diff in those trees would help me in carrying
them over into git.