This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Is there filter-like functionality in binutils?
- From: Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:40:18 -0500
- Subject: Is there filter-like functionality in binutils?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
An ELF filter is a shared object that can "filter" another object (the
filtee). It's mostly useful for three purposes: providing stubs for
symbols whose implementations have moved from one object to another,
providing stubs for possibly-not-installed functionality, and
interposition on specific objects/symbols (and without having to use
Is there any such functionality in binutils/gold/rtld?