This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git conversion status
- From: Tim Sander <tim at krieglstein dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 10:03:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: git conversion status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871u3n3hxc dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <87wqlf21bt dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <alpine dot BSF dot 2 dot 02 dot 1310142206310 dot 2993 at arjuna dot pair dot com>
> I *prefer* src, exactly for that reason; "scripts expect that".
> If you-all want binutils+gdb (or some other combination of their
> names), I can live with that, but not another generic name just
> because someone offers the opinion that "src is utterly
> meaningless". It's not: it's the default name of the check-out
> directory of sourceware top-level...
Well the scripts have to be adapted to git anyway, so why not use a
sensible repository path (think URL) and do the conversion on clone
git clone SENSIBLE_URL src
? So the scripts are happy and the url is descriptive.