This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [ld] ld COFF support??
- From: suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u dot ac dot jp>
- To: Megora Chai <megorachan at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:22:14 +0900
- Subject: Re: [ld] ld COFF support??
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <BLU0-SMTP62904C93E4594E6C8D27E2D81B0 at phx dot gbl>
- Reply-to: Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>
There are so many variants of COFF, some are supported and others are not yet.
But if you focus on a variant by Microsoft, so-called "PE" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Executable ), binutils LD supports it.
On 10/15/2013 04:12 PM, Megora Chai wrote:
> For a school assignment we are looking at how different file formats are linked. I am trying to examine the linking process of some formats using ld from binutils. Is LD able to link COFF format files (.obj or .lib) generated by microsoft tools?
> Thank you.
> M Chai