This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git conversion status
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 22:12:15 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: git conversion status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871u3n3hxc dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CABZhLO-TfAAjFbD9xv9x6UJe3jJbZLa2=CMAN+zz-vYpTm5q0g at mail dot gmail dot com> <87wqlf21bt dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Fred> 'git clone URL' will produce a directory called "src" which
> Fred> is utterly meaningless on any developer's machine.
> I chose it because the existing repository is named "src".
I *prefer* src, exactly for that reason; "scripts expect that".
If you-all want binutils+gdb (or some other combination of their
names), I can live with that, but not another generic name just
because someone offers the opinion that "src is utterly
meaningless". It's not: it's the default name of the check-out
directory of sourceware top-level...