Re: git conversion status

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Fred> 'git clone URL' will produce a directory called "src" which
> Fred> is utterly meaningless on any developer's machine.
>
> I chose it because the existing repository is named "src".

Counter-argument:
I *prefer* src, exactly for that reason; "scripts expect that".

If you-all want binutils+gdb (or some other combination of their
names), I can live with that, but not another generic name just
because someone offers the opinion that "src is utterly
meaningless".  It's not: it's the default name of the check-out
directory of sourceware top-level...

brgds, H-P