This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git conversion status
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:08:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: git conversion status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871u3n3hxc dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CABZhLO-TfAAjFbD9xv9x6UJe3jJbZLa2=CMAN+zz-vYpTm5q0g at mail dot gmail dot com> <87wqlf21bt dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, 14 Oct 2013, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I chose it because the existing repository is named "src".
> I don't particularly care what the repository is named.
> If folks want to debate it, I will rename it to the winner.
> Time is running out for that though.
My preference remains "binutils+gdb". Not "src", because this *isn't* the
same as the existing repository - it's a more meaningful, more closely
connected subset, without more loosely related things such as newlib mixed
in (if newlib moves away from CVS, it would move to its own repository
with whatever subset of directories is relevant to newlib, rather than
sharing this one).
Joseph S. Myers