This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: git conversion status
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Fred Cooke <fred dot cooke at gmail dot com>, Binutils Development <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:06:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: git conversion status
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <871u3n3hxc dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CABZhLO-TfAAjFbD9xv9x6UJe3jJbZLa2=CMAN+zz-vYpTm5q0g at mail dot gmail dot com> <87wqlf21bt dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 19:45:42 +0200, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Fred> 'git clone URL' will produce a directory called "src" which
> Fred> is utterly meaningless on any developer's machine.
> I chose it because the existing repository is named "src".
> I don't particularly care what the repository is named.
Anything besides src, src is everywhere, like /usr/src, many packages have src
("sourceware", "toolchain" etc.)