This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] gold: remove unused methods in Output_data_got_powerpc
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- To: Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>, Roland McGrath <mcgrathr at google dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 09:44:23 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gold: remove unused methods in Output_data_got_powerpc
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAB=4xhrDkG1OZnJrG1eOA4NRogvo46wta9Q6_WC6LeF1R5_1Gg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHACq4p_PEf5R3RTA3ZFD+2rX339084gV8ATMMN3WYk=5CSrOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20131011225626 dot GB20756 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 09:26:26AM +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 02:06:18PM -0700, Cary Coutant wrote:
> > > gold/
> > > * powerpc.cc (Output_data_got_powerpc): Remove unused methods
> > > add_got_entry and add_got_entry_pair.
> > I'm not sure if this was work in progress or abandoned code that
> > didn't get cleaned up. Alan, please take a look.
> The latter. Roland, please apply.
No, wait a minute. I do want those functions, but probably
misunderstood C++ rules so they aren't effective. I need to somehow
arrange that Output_data_got_powerpc::reserve_ent() is called before
Output_data_got adds anything to its entries_ vector, because the
powerpc got header can sit somewhere in the middle of the GOT. What's
the best way to accomplish that?
Australia Development Lab, IBM