This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH: Add check_lto_available
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:09:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add check_lto_available
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20121207175814 dot GC13783 at intel dot com> <5257F0CE dot 1030804 at arm dot com>
On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:36 AM, Richard Earnshaw <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Why does this patch try to produce a shared object as part of
> determining whether LTO works? If you have LTO but not shared object
> support in a toolchain this means we don't test LTO properly.
LTO tests also check if shared library works correctly with LTO.