This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] Facilitate deterministic pe executables between linker invocations
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: cory at coryfields dot com
- Cc: binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:11:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Facilitate deterministic pe executables between linker invocations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1380649206-19367-1-git-send-email-cory at coryfields dot com> <5256B553 dot 8040307 at redhat dot com> <CAApLimgHaLTS8cq9u1=wqU3y53b2ZteW9-EAf5ieM1pkqy==Xg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAApLimgC5uBv1xtQp=L8oShWJA3DQbYpsaT1ZX=WbH3D7SuGGA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Are there other viable targets you can think of beyond PE executables?
Nope - I think that this is a PE specific feature/bug.
- What do you think about making this a runtime ld option as well?
e.g. -D to match ar's. It'd be a shame to be at the mercy of my distro
This is a good idea.
I've taken another look, and it looks like a pe-specific emulation
flag makes the most sense.
Go for it.