This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: src.git test repository
- From: Iain Sandoe <iain at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, GDB Development <gdb at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 00:28:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: src.git test repository
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87y565m7ma dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAMe9rOrxoQ_CHpojn_hB03fkJjPXrfrSKsV3VbtQG99g6s7DdQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87mwmlkojs dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
thanks for doing this!
On 7 Oct 2013, at 17:56, Tom Tromey wrote:
> HJ> I noticed that binutils-2_24-branch only has binutils source.
> HJ> How will binutils-2_25-branch be made? Will it include gdb
> HJ> source?
> It's up to the binutils developers.
> What I recommend is branching the whole repository and then doing
> tarball releases of a subset of the branch, using the usual src-release
I had a go this evening (with success) doing the following:
built a sparse checkout by hand for 'binutils'
and built a cross from x86-64-darwin12 -> powerpc-linux-gnu
All seems OK, but I think I lost track of where the discussion had got to on sparse checkouts, building the .git/info/sparse-checkout file by hand is tedious.
somewhere to put the recipes/defaults corresponding to the existing checkouts would be handy.
or did I miss it?