This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] AARCH64 add GICv3 system registers
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 11:26:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] AARCH64 add GICv3 system registers
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CA+=Sn1nONNBx=w1F+54LvQEAM4ttgMwF=ZkG0pWsMxqTBeQzkA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 25/09/13 19:48, Andrew Pinski wrote:
This patch adds the GICv3 system registers names to the list of
system register names. Naveen wrote the patch but I am submitting it.
OK? Tested for aarch64-linux-gnu with no regressions.
AArch64: Add support for GIC ICC_* system registers in gas
2013-09-25 Naveen H.S <Naveen.Hurugalawadi@caviumnetworks.com>
* aarch64-opc.c (aarch64_sys_regs): Add support for GIC ICC_*
system registers in gas.
PS I will update the date in the changelog before committing it once approved.
These registers are already available via the generic system register
The system register encoding space has provision for future extensions
and implementation defined extensions. This encoding space can already
be accessed via the generic system register name syntax.
Rather than add extensions to the name space in an adhoc fashion,
creating dependencies on specific versions of binutils, an alternative
approach would be to implement a mechanism to define the system register
name to generic name mapping in a dynamically loaded config file (e.g.
xml, json etc). This would avoid creating dependencies on specific
binutils versions and provide a more convenient mechanism to support
Some comments on the patch presented:
The GIC is optional in the architecture therefore recognition of such
registers should be tied to a feature being enabled / disabled.
The list of registers included looks incomplete.