This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.24
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>, Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:15:20 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Release 2.24
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2741C968-721F-46E9-A2BA-E4B0F64C444B at adacore dot com> <BB32BE2A-A3CC-494C-9FB2-CFD322F49EA3 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1309182134580 dot 4379 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130918213245 dot GO3132 at adacore dot com> <523A7682 dot 3020000 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 09/18/2013 03:32 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > > Just as a reminder, can we please coordinate so that GDB 7.7 is released
> > > before binutils 2.24?
> > It's fine with GDB of course if the Binutils projects wants to wait
> > for the GDB 7.7 release, but my guess is that we are quite a ways
> > away from it: We need the git transition to be done first, then
> > we need to make the branch and stabilize it towards a release state.
> Speaking with my Fedora/Red Hat hat on, I'd much prefer to see
> binutils-2.24 move forward independent of gdb-7.7.
I have to agree with my SUSE hat :)