This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Release 2.24
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 21:56:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: Release 2.24
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2741C968-721F-46E9-A2BA-E4B0F64C444B at adacore dot com> <BB32BE2A-A3CC-494C-9FB2-CFD322F49EA3 at adacore dot com>
On Wed, 18 Sep 2013, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> > for the binutils 2.24 release, I plan to create the branch in Septembre, but I'd like
> > to wait for the git transition to create the release.
> > If you plan to submit big patches or if you want to submit a patch for the release,
> > do not hesitate to speak.
> I have just created the binutils-2_24-branch.
Just as a reminder, can we please coordinate so that GDB 7.7 is released
before binutils 2.24?
On the MIPS target we've switched PLT formats produced by LD for MIPS16
and microMIPS binaries and for correct frame unwinding GDB has to
understand them. Otherwise it'll fail in odd ways, e.g. when stepping
over a function called via PLT. Of course all code required is there in
our shared repository, it's just a matter of making the releases in the
right order so that ordinary developers have a version of GDB to upgrade
to available if needed.