This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen at asianux dot com>
- To: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Guenter Roeck <linux at roeck-us dot net>, Yoshinori Sato <ysato at users dot sourceforge dot jp>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:01:42 +0800
- Subject: Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522E7255 dot 6080301 at asianux dot com> <522E744C dot 10403 at asianux dot com> <52385F14 dot 3070503 at redhat dot com>
On 09/17/2013 09:54 PM, nick clifton wrote:
> Hi Chen,
>> After google search and check the Linux kernel, H8/300 is dead, and for
>> gcc-4.9.0 and binutils-2.23.2 still has h8300, do we still need it for
>> another OS ?
> The H8/300 target is still be used by lots of different groups. Just
> because the Linux kernel no longer supports it, that does not mean that
> the entire toolchain is redundant.
OK, thank you for your information.
After some trying, it proves, I am really a newbie for gcc and binutils.
I try to fix one of issues (already on Bugzilla) within 2013-09-19, it
seems I will be fail (because of my very low efficient analyzing, and
have to do another things too). But I am still continue trying...
Welcome any suggestions or completions, thanks.