This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Chen Gang <gang dot chen at asianux dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Guenter Roeck <linux at roeck-us dot net>, Yoshinori Sato <ysato at users dot sourceforge dot jp>
- Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:54:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522E7255 dot 6080301 at asianux dot com> <522E744C dot 10403 at asianux dot com>
After google search and check the Linux kernel, H8/300 is dead, and for
gcc-4.9.0 and binutils-2.23.2 still has h8300, do we still need it for
another OS ?
The H8/300 target is still be used by lots of different groups. Just
because the Linux kernel no longer supports it, that does not mean that
the entire toolchain is redundant.