This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Commit: Fix display of 64-bit CFI and FDE frames
- From: nick clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, Kyrill Tkachov <kyrylo dot tkachov at arm dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <Marcus dot Shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:55:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: Commit: Fix display of 64-bit CFI and FDE frames
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87fvta2yjh dot fsf at BigChill dot fritz dot box> <5236D6F5 dot 8030505 at arm dot com> <5236D90E dot 3020105 at arm dot com>
I'd prefer the regexps to be more consistently written. Sometimes we
have <c>*<c><c>123 and sometimes <c>+<c>123
I used <c>+<c>123 since the high bits of the addresses should always be
zero. Any other digit (or character) indicates that something has gone
wrong with the decoding, or creation, of the CFI and FDE frames.
I will look at tidying up the regexps as a side project for the future.