This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen at asianux dot com>
- To: Chung-Ju Wu <jasonwucj at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Michael Schewe <michael dot schewe at gmx dot net>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, linux at roeck-us dot net, Yoshinori Sato <ysato at users dot sourceforge dot jp>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:23:13 +0800
- Subject: Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023533DC32E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <522CAAE0 dot 5010006 at redhat dot com> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023533E40C5 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <522E7255 dot 6080301 at asianux dot com> <522E81B0 dot 6080403 at redhat dot com> <522E888A dot 2060005 at asianux dot com> <522F791E dot 2060603 at gmx dot net> <522FC12E dot 2020308 at asianux dot com> <5231455C dot 2070008 at asianux dot com> <5231F531 dot 6020807 at redhat dot com> <52328621 dot 4030408 at asianux dot com> <CADj25HO1-RFN-=F=A5V2vwcvENgusW5YcAf5miD6PX36p=2vHA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 09/13/2013 01:02 PM, Chung-Ju Wu wrote:
> 2013/9/13 Chen Gang <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
>> > On 09/13/2013 01:09 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
>>> >> On 09/11/2013 10:38 PM, Chen Gang wrote:
>>>> >>> Hello all:
>>>> >>> currently, I only send 3 bugs: Bug58256, Bug58400, Bug58401, the other
>>>> >>> bugs may duplicate with these bugs, so I do not send (if they are also
>>>> >>> valuable, I will send too).
>>> >> Please include the preprocessed source. The easiest way to get that is
>>> >> to add the "-save-temps" option to the command line. That will create a
>>> >> .i file which is the self-contained preprocessed code. We need that to
>>> >> be able to debug these issues.
>> > I put related ".i" files to all related bugs, please check, thanks.
>> > Welcome any additional information or suggestions. :-)
> It seems that all of your cases (PR58256, PR58400, PR58401) are
> related to compilation error. I think the next step is to reduce the
> self-contained code that reproduces the same error for easily debugging. :)
Yeah, that sounds good, thanks.
It is easy to exclude some lines to let it pass compiling, we can get
the 2 .i files to compare (one include the related some lines, the other
exclude them). I will also do it during week-end.
And excuse me, during these days, I have to do internal things within my
company, but at least, I should still try to fix one of them within a
week (the end time is 2013-09-19), especially with many members' help.