This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- From: Chen Gang <gang dot chen at asianux dot com>
- To: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Michael Schewe <michael dot schewe at gmx dot net>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, linux at roeck-us dot net, Yoshinori Sato <ysato at users dot sourceforge dot jp>, binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:27:29 +0800
- Subject: Re: [Suggestion] about h8/300 architecture in gcc and binutils
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023533DC32E at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <522CAAE0 dot 5010006 at redhat dot com> <6D39441BF12EF246A7ABCE6654B023533E40C5 at LEMAIL01 dot le dot imgtec dot org> <522E7255 dot 6080301 at asianux dot com> <522E81B0 dot 6080403 at redhat dot com> <522E888A dot 2060005 at asianux dot com> <522F791E dot 2060603 at gmx dot net> <522FC12E dot 2020308 at asianux dot com> <5231455C dot 2070008 at asianux dot com> <5231F531 dot 6020807 at redhat dot com>
On 09/13/2013 01:09 AM, Jeff Law wrote:
> On 09/11/2013 10:38 PM, Chen Gang wrote:
>> Hello all:
>> I have send the related issues to "http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla", please
>> check if you like, thanks.
>> currently, I only send 3 bugs: Bug58256, Bug58400, Bug58401, the other
>> bugs may duplicate with these bugs, so I do not send (if they are also
>> valuable, I will send too).
>> Next, I should analyse them (better with another related members), my
>> analyzing way is:
>> compare it with another correct compiler (e.g x86 compiler) by code and by debugging.
>> Wish one of these bugs can be fixed by us within a week (although I am
>> not quite sure for it: I have no experience for compiler development).
> Please include the preprocessed source. The easiest way to get that is
> to add the "-save-temps" option to the command line. That will create a
> .i file which is the self-contained preprocessed code. We need that to
> be able to debug these issues.
I put related ".i" files to all related bugs, please check, thanks.
Hmm... for myself, during this week end, I shall:
1. construct the related environments.
make x86, h8300 cross-compiler (disable-release, enable-debug).
let them compile the same file which can cause issue under h8300.
2. learn about these .i files.
know about .i files.
compare the related .i files between x86, arm, h8300.
know the direct cause.
3. can debug gcc (may with .i file) with gdb.
Welcome any additional information or suggestions. :-)