This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-2_21_1 tags
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 10:48:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: binutils-2_21_1 tags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <0083D19D-38B0-44D6-A6EB-935BBF760B9B at comcast dot net> <3EA285A0-C459-4D32-8D03-F949476DC0F2 at adacore dot com>
On Sep 2, 2013, at 12:50 AM, Tristan Gingold <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Aug 30, 2013, at 12:54 AM, Mike Stump <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> The binutils-2_21_1 tag is missing from cvs. :-( I was hoping to make some use of it.
> Do you want me to add the tag ?
I've solved my problem in another way (downloaded tar file and diffed), so my needs are met. However, it would be nice to retroactively put in release tags for old releases that are missing. Just be sure to check it out and diff that with the public tar ball to ensure accurate tagging as mistakes can have consequences. I was going to use the tag to do merging, and a wrong tag would either cause conflicts, or could cause work to do permanently missing (until testing found it, or until an audit of local diffs found it).
Thanks for listening.