Re: Automated Toolchain Building and Testing

Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw@lug-owl.de> writes:

> On Wed, 2013-08-28 23:26:29 +0800, Samuel Mi <samuel.miing@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Looks like you for now have been trying to find out a solution
>> suitable for you to automatically build GCC from source combined with
>> certain continuous systems like Jenkins. As a matter of fact, Jenkins
>> is exactly a good choice to do such thing just mentioned, due to
>> itself with so many plugins[1] you can pick up to fit your needs.
>
> I'm not too sure if Jenkins is actually a good choice, just because I
> question that there's a working Java especially for old Unix-alike
> systems that GCC still (in theory) supports. What about eg. older IRIX
> or Ultrix systems?  ...or can you, instead of using the Java-based

I honestly wouldn't worry about such legacy systems: their respective
maintainers take care of testing them, and it would be hard nowadays to
even find both hardware and OS media to set up a new system.

FWIW, IRIX 6.5 was last supported in gcc 4.7, and that's the only IRIX
release I'm still testing.  IRIX 5.3/6.x was deprecated in gcc 4.5
already, a release no longer supported and thus irrelevant.  Same for
Tru64 UNIX: V5.1 support was deprecated in 4.7; still testing that
either.

Hope this helps.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Center for Biotechnology, Bielefeld University