This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch, libtool] Patch libtool.m4 at top-level for autoconf 2.68
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- To: Alan Modra <amodra at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 09:39:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch, libtool] Patch libtool.m4 at top-level for autoconf 2.68
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <e62f2fe2-ec4d-413a-9ce7-92ba27f0d006 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20130823001536 dot GW3430 at bubble dot grove dot modra dot org>
On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 09:45 +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:18:06AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > I submitted a patch to GCC to update libtool.m4 in the top-level GCC and
> > binutils trees with some changes that are in the upstream libtool.m4. It
> > fixes some warnings that we get when using autoconf 2.68 which is currently
> > used in libgloss and newlib. If it is approved in GCC is it OK to check it
> > in to the binutils tree as well?
> That may even happen automatically, but if not, yes you can commit
> this sort of patch to binutils. I also want to import current
> upstream libtool.m4 into gcc..
Importing the current upstream libtool.m4 would take care of the issues
in my patch since those changes are already in the upstream libtool.m4.